This here What’s in a Name Challenge just looks adorable. I have to sign up!
Here’s How It Works
Between January 1 and December 31, 2011, read one book in each of the following categories:
1. A book with a number in the title: First to Die, Seven Up, Thirteen Reasons Why
2. A book with jewelry or a gem in the title: Diamond Ruby, Girl with a Pearl Earring, The Opal Deception
3. A book with a size in the title: Wide Sargasso Sea, Small Wars, Little Bee
4. A book with travel or movement in the title: Dead Witch Walking, Crawling with Zombies, Time Traveler’s Wife
5. A book with evil in the title: Bad Marie, Fallen, Wicked Lovely
6. A book with a life stage in the title: No Country for Old Men, Brideshead Revisited, Bog Child
The book titles are just suggestions, you can read whatever book you want to fit the category.
Interesting, right? Well, I think so, anyway, and that’s what counts! I have noooooo idea what I’ll pick for this, but if you’ve got ideas, send them my way!
Number: Five Red Herrings, by Dorothy Sayers (Review)
Jewelry: The Ring of Solomon, by Jonathan Stroud (Review)
Size: Thinner, by Richard Bachman (Review)
Travel: Packing for Mars, by Mary Roach (Review)
Evil: In Cold Blood, by Truman Capote (Review)
Life: Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife, by Mary Roach (Review)