I think the TBR Challenge is going to be really good for me — I am constantly making lists of books to read for other challenges and then NEVER READING THEM. Which is not useful for, you know, getting books read, though I do often end up finding new books to love. But I do have way too many books that I’ve been meaning to read for years (but not On the Road anymore!), so I think I’m going to throw them up here and finally get ’em done.
* the challenge is to read 12 TBR books in 12 months — you can read those all in one month if you want, or one a month, or however you wanna do it.
* you should have a list posted somewhere for others to see
* you CANNOT change your list after January 1st, of the current year!!!
* you can create an Alternates list of MAXIMUM 12 books, if you want, in order to have options to choose from (you can read these in place of books on your original list).
* audiobooks and e-books ARE allowed
* re-reads are NOT allowed, as they aren’t TRUE “TBRs”
* you CAN overlap with other challenges
* OPTIONAL: you can join the Yahoo! Group created for participants of the TBR Challenge, if you want to have a place to keep your list, or just to share with others about how you’re doing!
1. The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien (Review)
2. Fight Club, by Chuck Palahniuk
3. World Without End, by Ken Follett (Review)
4. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, by Mark Twain (Review)
5. Let the Great World Spin, by Colum McCann
6. To Say Nothing of the Dog, by Connie Willis (Review)
7. The Phantom of the Opera, by Gaston Leroux (Review)
8. The Shining, by Stephen King (Review)
9. Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen (Review)
10. A Fine and Private Place, by Peter S. Beagle
11. Jonathan Livingston Seagull, by Richard Bach (Review)
12. Mister Pip, by Lloyd Jones
I’m not going to list any alternates, because I will read these books, darn it! I hope.