Note to all: The Dead and the Gone was not an appropriate book to read without copious amounts of Kleenex nearby. This is your warning. 🙂 I’m moving on to Measle and the Wrathmonk next because I’m pretty sure that can’t possibly be sad!
1. What are you reading right now? I’m about to start Measle and the Wrathmonk.
2. How many books have you read so far? Four!
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Well, I’m kind of excited about Measle and the Wrathmonk because it has approximately the best name ever, but I’m also looking forward to the Mischief Maker’s Manual.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? I was sadly unable to free up my whole day, but other than my meeting I was available anyway.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? No interruptions, unless you count hunger!
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? Um, I didn’t really think I’d make it past two books, and I’ve read three of a decent size already. Awesome!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Invent a way for me to be reading and blogging at the same time?
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? More snacks! I’ve been eating too much healthy food all day long. 🙂
9. Are you getting tired yet? Not yet, as it’s only 9:30pm here, but give me a few more hours…
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? I can’t think of anything.
Time spent reading: 475 minutes
Pages read: 864 (+30 minutes of audio)
Books finished: 4
Fun had: Not as much… that book was so sad!