This challenge requires participants to read huge-ass books between now and 15 November. Since I have a bunch I’m probably going to read anyway, I figured I’d put them here.
I’m signing up for option 3: Mor-book-ly Obese. “This is for the truly out of control chunkster. For this level of challenge you must commit to 6 or more chunksters [books longer than 450 pages] OR three tomes of 750 pages or more. You know you want to…..go on and give in to your cravings.”
I want to.
My ideas list:
World Without End, by Ken Follett (1000 pages)
Some more of the Wheel of Time series (each around 800 or so pages)
Various and sundry long books I will pick up throughout the year
Actually read list:
1. Academ’s Fury, by Jim Butcher (Review) 469 pages
2. Elantris, by Brandon Sanderson (Review) 487 pages
3. Red Mars, by Kim Stanley Robinson (Review) 571 pages
4. Mistborn: The Final Empire, by Brandon Sanderson (Review) 537 pages
5. The Angel’s Game, by Carlos Ruiz Zafón (Review) 531 pages
6. Captain’s Fury, by Jim Butcher (Review) 464 pages
Although this challenge is officially completed, I’m still going to list the chunksters I read until 15 November. After all, it does say “6 or more”. 🙂